Sunday, January 2, 2011

Your reflection/learning's on Technopreneurship 1




Our Technopreneurship1 subject has given me a lot of insights on how to start making a trace of difference with my life. Of course this trace must have been very significant because this might/must be the thing that would lead in to my life’s peak. From the beginning of our class we have been tested on how to make critics in an establishment. And there our instructor has just started helping our minds to be more critical thinkers and deep analyzers asking us how and what could we suggest to become a food chain establishment become more technologically inclined business making their services more reliable and efficient. Though we came up with such impossible ideas and also ridiculous ones, we have enjoyed what we have answered according to some sharing we have done after the class. Since our subject entails about entrepreneurship with the use of technologies our instructor also had conducted a film viewing about two of the person who made technology a lot different today and could go farther tomorrow “The Pirates of the Silicon Valley”. We and I myself really enjoyed a lot upon watching the movie. I haven’t imagined that much how these people started making their difference. And it made me convinced myself that I could too can make something I could be proud of and that I must have start doing it today. Now I become more entwined on blogging and I think this is just a step for me to do bigger things. I am also motivated to change little by little the tardiness attitude I have that could become the greatest hindrance to what I want to achieve. I have learned something from Steve’s character that could contribute a lot in ones life, to be a great person someday especially in business world you must have an entrepreneur character. Next, leadership skills are needed. Steve directs the design process from start to finish, asking endless questions, expressing often conflicting opinions, unfailingly pushing the company toward better, more useful products. The sort of decisions that at most companies are considered finishing touches--the color of a computer case, the look of a hinge, the sound a product makes when it is opened or closed--are to Jobs the very heart of the user experience and so are at the core of the design process. Doing projects in a hands-on manner is as effective as a mother raising its baby. In almost every case, successful entrepreneurs are individuals who are highly motivated to achieve. They tend to be doers, people who make things happen. They are often very competitive. Many researchers have concluded that the most consistent trait found in successful entrepreneurs is the sheer will to win, the need to achieve in everything they do. They don't want to come in third, they don't want to come in second, they want to come in first. Shrewd or sharp might be a better word. Paul Hawken describes it as "trade skill" in his excellent book Growing a Business, published by Simon and Schuster. We all know owners of some very successful businesses who were lucky to finish high school and never even considered college like Bill Gates, one wealthiest person living. Yes, they always seem to make the right moves. Call it common sense, instinct, whatever you want. Successful entrepreneurs seem to have intuitive good judgment when making complex business decisions. And on the kind of charisma Steve have, he could impatiently close the deal by his wooing tactics and amazing scheme on sales-talk. A good leader has the ability to control and direct a company as a whole. And in that day after the experiences I have been through while still studying and on the starting period of the business, I can tell that I have learned a lot from it and could get something from it and could figured out how to cope and improve myself more. Then I can now have the charisma on controlling especially the employees to do what the company needs for the better of it and in control always on the situation and events on whatever plans and decisions of the company may come up as a result. In other words, I can be a woman of authority whom they would give much respect the way of respect I will give them. As a leader it comprises the confidence you must have. In dealing and handling people and business self-confidence is in need. New ideas along the way may come up and as a technopreneur we must have the confidence to push our ideas and goals, of course it will boost our confidence if we are always in control of any situation that may happen and during this stage the more persistent we would be in pursuit of our goals. And because a business is a wide arena for competition, I would have the ability to have a never ending in search and sense of urgency to do something. It is sometimes hard to stay on this stage but as a person who never stops believing our energy to do so must be maintained. Part of being mentally fit is the ability to conceptualize things. It helps us to be at ease when chaos came. Also it helps ourselves to be focused on the business because we can already determine our capacity in times of troubles. Because of this you can have the ability of control and that you have in you a superior quality that makes your subordinates just do what you want them to do because of that kind of ability. Maturity of one’s personality is one that I have learned in this subject. I remember once our teacher gave as a personality assessment test. There are no questions, only situations and we are given two choices to choose what we would prefer to if we encountered such scenarios. Worst are the choices leaves us no choice but to choose them though you really didn’t want to do it but you did because it was the right thing to do. So it helps us become more responsible of the things we are going to make and decisions were going to follow. When the outcome is positive then we have prove ourselves and made justification with the choices we made but when the result is negative then we could use this situation as a map that tells us someday not to go in the direction where we once fallen. In short it will become our guide that tells us what to do and not to do in the next journeys of our life. So the wonderings I have about my personality and how would others feel from for such situation I have been was being answered. Or maybe the personality my future co-workers could have my family and my friends and all who are acquainted with ever days of my life. The easiest way to determine this is to take a personality trait test. A personality trait test is a test that is designed to tell you exactly what type of a person you are, and often tells you what the advantages and disadvantages of your personality is. In addition, a personality trait test will also tell you personality types to avoid, which is useful for dating purposes. This could help ourselves from breaking down and helps us grow stronger when we know where to place each of what is concerned. Handling failures are needed. When a person has overcome failures he wins because winners never quit. They fight back, start anew and move forward, they get started new ideas and proposals and make them into reality. As Judith L. Glick-Smith says “setbacks are seen as challenges and do not discourage them”. Life has its ups and downs not only failed people have experienced it but also those who succeed because they never stop trying and believing.


As classes passed by, one of the topics of our subject I think was highlighted the most it was when our teacher ask and try to figure it out on ourselves what we really love, what we are best at and what we hated the most. That time since I haven’t decided anything what I really want doing I’ve got a hard time answering the question. Thankfully when we have to make the project proposal our instructor approved our second try. Finding my life’s purpose on the other hand is not that hard for me to do. Thanks for the PDL I have just read before asked by our instructor to find what our life’s purpose really is. It does really helps me a lot on figuring out what my life’s purpose really is. Proposing a project that would eventually be a start for putting up a business is not that easy as what we think. According to the lessons we had on this subject we have to consider a lot of factors before jumping on a certain idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment